Rearden Commerce Expands Mobile PlatformLeverages hybrid development approach to deliver Mobile Personal Assistant experience to every Android device
Rearden Commerce, a next-generation eCommerce platform company, today announced the expansion of its Mobile Personal Assistant to the fast growing ecosystem of Android devices, providing Android users with a simple to use, feature rich travel experience. Leveraging innovative hybrid technology, Rearden's Android application delivers the power of HTML5 while maintaining access to native phone functions users enjoy along with the app store discovery and download experience.
"The user experience is of critical importance for company-approved applications because it leads to higher adoption and compliance rates," said Mike Uomoto, Senior Vice President, Rearden Commerce. "We put the traveler's needs at the center of our Android development strategy to ensure that the application will truly help travelers be more productive and efficient."
The new Mobile Personal Assistant for Android is a robust application that keeps business travelers automatically connected to their itinerary and related travel services while maintaining direct integration with their company's booking tool and travel policies. The context and location aware Mobile Personal Assistant gives travelers convenience, peace of mind and connectivity with features that include:
- Automatic, up-to-date access to their complete travel itinerary, along with the ability to easily share their itinerary with colleagues, associates, friends and family via email, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Real-time flight alerts including delays, cancellations and gate changes
- Mobile flight check-in and boarding pass
- Flight and hotel search1, with the ability to make changes and book reservations with one-click calling
- Dining search and reservation capabilities with reviews and ratings
- Ground transportation information access including car service, airport parking and car rental
- Location based information including weather and destination maps
The new icon-based home screen provides a simple interface for travelers to quickly navigate to their desired service including air, hotel, rental car, ground transportation and dining.
The Mobile Personal Assistant is designed to work with leading corporate booking tools, incorporate corporate policies and preferred vendors, extending the value of the booking tool to any mobile device. For more information about the innovative ways Rearden Commerce is helping companies and travelers at their point of need, visit http://www.reardencommerce.com/SmartApps/travel/mobile.php
Android™ is a trademark of Google, Inc.